Eating proper foods raises platelets. Low blood platelet is called thrombocytopenia and can result in excessive bleeding when injury occurs. Platelets are the tiny cells in your blood that function to take part in the clotting process. Each platelet contains granules that enhance the platelets' ability to stick to each other and the surface of a damaged blood vessel wall. An adequate number of platelets prevents hemorrhaging from a ruptured blood vessel. You can naturally increase your platelets to ensure the prevention of a leakage of red blood cells and lessen the chance of hemorrhage.
things you'll need:
- Fresh fruits
- Green leafy vegetables
- Cod Liver or flax seed oil
- Mushroom capsules
- Fresh garlic
- Vitamin & mineral capsules
1. Avoid refined sugars, saturated fats, processed foods and grains and aerated (carbonated) beverages. These foods cause the platelets to fall.
2. Stay away from dairy products, alcohol and food additives in your diet.
3. Consume many healthy natural foods such as organic foods, fruits and vegetables. This helps to stimulate your internal mechanism, which increases your platelet count. Eat many tomatoes and berries, which are loaded with vitamins and minerals with strong anti-oxidant properties that help you to increase your platelets. Add many green leafy vegetables to your daily diet. They tend to increase the hemoglobin level of blood, tackling the underlying cause of low levels of platelets.
4. Wash all raw foods thoroughly to remove any parasites or viruses that could result in lowering your platelet counts.
5. Strengthen your immune system using cod liver oil or flax seed oils. These oils will also reduce inflammation, improve your circulation and increase your ratio of high-density lipoprotein to low-density lipoprotein levels.
6. Take a supplement capsule of mushroom extract (not mushrooms). Look for a capsule that has the extract of shiatake, maritake and other mushroom varieties that help to balance out the immune system.
7. Add plenty of fresh garlic and supplement your diet with vitamins and minerals such as Coenzyme Q10; selenium; zinc; melatonin; vitamins A, B, D and E; Omega-3; and iron supplements. These will enhance your immunity and ability to fight diseases.
By Susan Lee, eHow Contributor
Read more: How to Naturally Increase Platelets | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_6068029_natu...#ixzz1MiaNef24