Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Blood Fractions Guide

NoBlood.org Editors

The Blood Fractions Guide

Welcome to the NoBlood.org Blood Fractions Guide

Considerable confusion exists around the subject of blood fractions: What are they? How are they produced? What pharmaceutical agents are these products to be found in? Why is the doctor prescribing them? Are there alternatives?

In line with our Mission to investigate, discuss and report the latest techniques in blood conservation and alternatives to blood transfusions, this new feature will address the many questions surrounding blood fractions. The Fractions Guide will endeavor to answer these questions by providing as comprehensive a list of fractions and relevant pharmaceuticals as possible and then inviting discussion on the subject.

Dr. Patricia Ford, renowned hematologist and Director of the Center for Bloodless Medicine and Surgery at Pennsylvania Hospital, has kindly agreed to be a medical advisor to this project. Her role will be to ensure that all medical explanations are clear and accurate. We would like to thank Dr. Ford for her participation.

Whether you are considering implementing an advance health care directive that states your wishes as respects treatments containing blood fractions, or are just someone who is curious about them, this Guide will provide a valuable resource.

We anticipate lively discussion on this subject, but it needs YOUR participation. We will ALL get out of it what YOU put in!

Last edited by Informaticus; 10-08-2008 at 10:28 PM. Reason: To link directly to the wiki article

2. New Feature! NoBlood Answers!

• ASK questions regarding Transfusion Alternatives and Patient Blood Management.
    • SHARE your facts, opinions and personal experience.
    • DISCOVER the best answers chosen by Healthcare Professionals and the Public.
    • RANK the best answers.

Click here to see the Best Answers to Top Questions.

I look forward to learning a lot from this thread. Although reading what information is available, I still feel hesitant about filling out the information for myself on the advance health care directive, or explaining some aspect to others. Thank you for filling a need.

Is there anyway that this information can be printed without cutting off the ends of words?

Milton

Thumbs up Janet

This new Blood Fractions Guide is great! I'm ready to finish filling out my medical directive, as well as finish the insert info for my MedScope. Thank you!

President & Webmaster LarryEitel's Avatar
    Perhaps you can click Page Setup and adjust the left and right margins. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton
    Is there anyway that this information can be printed without cutting off the ends of words?

Milton

Click here for the Best Questions and Answers regarding Transfusion Alternatives and Patient Blood Management.

Can you help us build and maintain this site?
    Please click here.
    Thank you.

Larry Eitel
    President & Webmaster

I usually highlight what I want to print, right click then choose copy, and paste into my processor program. I use Word myself.
    Hope this helps!!

If You Highlight The Part You Want To Print - Then Click On Print - And Click On Selection - It Will Print Only That Part - I Tried It And Mine Came Out All Intact And With A Border Around It.

Jerrie Bolton

Attention all members. There are some questions posed on our Wiki that need your response urgently. Go to this link: http://noblood.org/wiki/index.php/Ta...ctions_Project

Please get involved in this exciting project. It will grow and be refined with the efforts of many users.

You will need to register an account with a new user name and password (your existing NoBlood account details are not carried over onto the NoBlood Wiki).

President & Webmaster LarryEitel's Avatar
    FYI: David's link points to the Blood Fractions Guide Project discussion area. There we have a few housekeeping questions on the table.

Please don't for get to take a look at the current version of the actual Fractions Guide.

Click here for the Best Questions and Answers regarding Transfusion Alternatives and Patient Blood Management.

Can you help us build and maintain this site?
    Please click here.
    Thank you.

Larry Eitel
    President & Webmaster

Nurse

Blood Fractions Guide

If the intended audience is people working in bloodless medicine, then the guide is fine as it is. It is an excellent reference. If the intended audience is lay people, then some terms need to be defined, such as "bovine," "coagulopathy," and "topical agent." I don't even know if "coagulopathy" is included in non-medical dictionaries, but having to read anything with dictionary in hand can be a pain.

Elizabeth Crum, MSN, RN, CCRN
    Coordinator, Center for Bloodless Medicine and surgery
    Hackensack University Medical Center
    Hackensack, NJ 07601
    201-996-2963

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast