Welcome to NoBlood, the largest and most active bloodless healthcare community on the web. As with any community, we ask that everyone read and follow our Terms and Conditions. Understandably, our Terms and Conditions can not cover every possible situation that may arise and therefore sometimes require staff judgment. When you read - and hopefully participate in - the various discussions you will discover that everyone treats each other with respect. This promotes an environment where anyone can feel free to ask questions and give opinions.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
By using this site, you signify your assent to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to all of these Terms and Conditions of use, do not use this site!
NoBlood Inc, formally known as Bloodless Healthcare International, Inc., the publisher of NoBlood, may revise and update these Terms and Conditions at any time. Your continued usage of the NoBlood website ("NoBlood Site," or the "Site,") will mean you accept those changes.
Table of Contents:
- THE SITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
- ATTENTION JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES
- CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
- USE OF CONTENT
- LIABILITY OF NOBLOOD AND ITS LICENSORS
- USER SUBMISSIONS
- NOBLOOD SUBCRIPTION SERVICES
- NOBLOOD LIVE AND MEMBER TO MEMBER AREAS ("PUBLIC AREAS")
- ADVERTISEMENTS, SEARCHES AND LINKS TO OTHER SITES
- NOTICE AND TAKE DOWN PROCEDURES; COPYRIGHT AGENT
- COMPLETE AGREEMENT
THE SITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The NoBlood Site is a resource for discussing healthcare topics related to blood management and avoidance - commonly known and referred to throughout this web site as "bloodless" healthcare. The contents of this Site, such as text, graphics, images, information obtained from NoBlood's licensors, and other material contained on the Site ("Content") are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the NoBlood Site!
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. NoBlood does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. Reliance on any information provided by NoBlood, NoBlood employees, others appearing on the Site at the invitation of NoBlood, or other visitors to the Site is solely at your own risk.
The Site may contain health- or medical-related materials that are sexually explicit. If you find these materials offensive, you may not want to use our Site.
ATTENTION JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES
NoBlood, the publisher of NoBlood, is not affiliated with any political or religious organization. It is recognized that Jehovah’s Witnesses likely make up the largest group using this site. Issues relating to advance healthcare directives, questions about various blood fractions and medical treatments are regularly discussed in NoBlood forums. However, please be reminded that the primary source of bloodless healthcare support for you is your local elders and Hospital Liaison Committee (HLC). We hope that NoBlood continues to be an excellent resource to compliment your healthcare research needs. Please limit your comments to healthcare topics.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. You should be aware that this Site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13.
USE OF CONTENT
NoBlood authorizes you to view or download a single copy of the material on the NoBlood Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use if you include the following copyright notice: "Copyright (c) 1996 - 2009, NoBlood, Inc. All rights reserved" and other copyright and proprietary rights notices that are contained in the Content. Any special rules for the use of certain software and other items accessible on the NoBlood Site may be included elsewhere within the Site and are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions by reference.
The Content is protected by copyright under both United States and foreign laws. Title to the Content remains with NoBlood or its licensors. Any use of the Content not expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions is a breach of these Terms and Conditions and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. Content and features are subject to change or termination without notice in the editorial discretion of NoBlood. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to NoBlood and its licensors.
If you violate any of these Terms and Conditions, your permission to use the Content automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of any portion of the Content.
LIABILITY OF NOBLOOD AND ITS LICENSORS
The use of the NoBlood Site and the Content is at your own risk.
When using the NoBlood Site, information will be transmitted over a medium that may be beyond the control and jurisdiction of NoBlood and its suppliers. Accordingly, NoBlood assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the NoBlood Site.
The NoBlood Site and the Content are provided on an "as is" basis. NOBLOOD, ITS LICENSORS, AND ITS SUPPLIERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Without limiting the foregoing, NoBlood, its licensors, and its suppliers make no representations or warranties about the following:
- The accuracy, reliability, completeness, currentness, or timeliness of the Content, software, text, graphics, links, or communications provided on or through the use of the NoBlood Site.
- The satisfaction of any government regulations requiring disclosure of information on prescription drug products or the approval or compliance of any software tools with regard to the Content contained on the NoBlood Site.
In no event shall NoBlood, its licensors, its suppliers, or any third parties mentioned on the NoBlood Site be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use of or inability to use the NoBlood Site or the Content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not NoBlood, its licensors, its suppliers, or any third parties mentioned on the NoBlood Site are advised of the possibility of such damages. NoBlood, its licensors, its suppliers, or any third parties mentioned on the NoBlood Site shall be liable only to the extent of actual damages incurred by you, not to exceed U.S. $1,000. NoBlood, its licensors, its suppliers, or any third parties mentioned on the NoBlood Site are not liable for any personal injury, including death, caused by your use or misuse of the Site, Content, or Public Areas (as defined below). Any claims arising in connection with your use of the Site, any Content, or the Public Areas must be brought within one (1) year of the date of the event giving rise to such action occurred. Remedies under these Terms and Conditions are exclusive and are limited to those expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions.
You agree that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type to the Public Areas that infringe or violate any rights of any party. By submitting communications or content to the Public Areas, you agree that such submission is non-confidential for all purposes.
If you make any such submission You agree that you will not send or transmit to NoBlood by email any communication or content that infringes or violates any rights of any party. If you submit any business information, idea, concept or invention to NoBlood by email, you agree such submission is non-confidential for all purposes.
If you make any submission to a Public Area or if you submit any business information, idea, concept or invention to NoBlood by email, you automatically grant or warrant that the owner of such content or intellectual property has expressly granted NoBlood a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display the communication or content in any media or medium, or any form, format, or forum now known or hereafter developed. NoBlood may sublicense its rights through multiple tiers of sublicenses. If you wish to keep any business information, ideas, concepts or inventions private or proprietary, do not submit them to the Public Areas or to NoBlood by email. We try to answer every email in a timely manner, but are not always able to do so.
NoBlood has several tools that allow you to record and store information. You are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access to your NoBlood passwords or accounts. It is your sole responsibility to (1) control the dissemination and use of activation codes and passwords; (2) authorize, monitor, and control access to and use of your NoBlood account and password; (3) promptly inform NoBlood of any need to deactivate a password. You grant NoBlood and all other persons or entities involved in the operation of the Site the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store, and use your information in connection with the operation of the Site. NoBlood cannot and does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information you submit, or your or third parties' use or misuse of information transmitted or received using NoBlood tools and services.
NOBLOOD SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES
If you choose to subscribe to one of NoBlood's subscription services, (collectively, the "Subscription Services"), the following additional terms and conditions will apply depending on which service you choose. You should be aware that the NoBlood Subscription Services are not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 18. These services do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information from any person we know to be a child under the age of 18.
You are using the Subscription Services at your own risk and you, along with your healthcare provider, are personally responsible for verifying its suitability for your needs.
NOBLOOD LIVE AND MEMBER TO MEMBER AREAS ("PUBLIC AREAS")
If you use a Public Area you are solely responsible for your own communications, the consequences of posting those communications, and your reliance on any communications found in the Public Areas. NoBlood and its licensors are not responsible for the consequences of any communications in the Public Areas. In cases where you feel threatened or believe someone else is in danger, you should contact your local law enforcement agency immediately. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
In consideration of being allowed to use the Public Areas, you agree that the following actions shall constitute a material breach of these Terms and Conditions:
- Using a Public Area for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws;
- Posting material in any language other than English; (While this Site hosts visitors from around the world, it is based in the United States and much of our membership is English speaking. There is also the inability at this time to moderate discussions in other languages.)
- Posting material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others; (If you wish to post content from a copyrighted article, do not post the whole article. We suggest posting a synopsis along with a link to the source. Government published healthcare information is part of the public domain and may be posted in whole or part. When doing so, it is requested that appropriate acknowledgement be given. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use (PDF) as defined in the copyright laws requires the written permission of the copyright owners.)
- Posting material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity, or which inflammatory or divisive, as determined by NoBlood Site Moderators or Administrators in their sole discretion; (There is a zero-tolerance policy here against personal attacks. We will not tolerate anyone insulting another individual's opinion nor name calling and will BAN repeat offenders.)
- Posting advertisements or solicitations of business; (We do not allow any form of commercial advertising in forum posts, avatars, or signatures. This includes using your avatar or signature to link to other websites or promotional messages that are advertising in nature. Please do not post any messages that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of a website, other forum(s), contact email address, business, MLM activity, or any other entity. We allow linking to other information websites, as long as it is for informational purposes and not for self promotion or advertisement. Staff members may remove or edit links at their discretion.)
- Posting email addresses; (If you would like to have someone contact you personally, please use the private message system that is included with your account. If you do post email addresses, they will be removed. Please do not use an email address for your username.)
- After receiving a warning, continuing to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or posting comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free-form);
- Impersonating or misrepresenting your association with any person or entity, or forging or otherwise seeking to conceal or misrepresent the origin of any Content provided by you;
- Identifying yourself as Doctor, MD, Nurse, RN, LPN, LVN, CNA, RT, MA, LCSW, LISW, etc., when you are not actually licensed and/or are certified as such;
- Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code;
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their identification for posting or viewing comments; consent;
- Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments
- Posting the same note more than once or "spamming";
- Creating two or more user accounts; (Use of two accounts by the same member simultaneously is not permitted, and one or all accounts may be banned or suspended without notice.)
- Using hate speech or making inappropriate generalizations; (It is important to remember that this Site reaches out to healthcare professionals and the general public all over the world. Our call is to be supportive, not divisive. Because of this, discrimination, racial vilification and offensive generalizations targeting people of other races, religions and/or nationalities will not be tolerated. Statements that purport to represent the position, policy, or belief of any individual or group should be supported by accurate authority (such as a citation to an official document or other authoritative source, as should be done on any academic or professional forum.)
- Post material entirely in CAPITALS; (Typing entirely in CAPS is considered shouting on the Internet! Proper English grammar should be used in all posts, along with good spelling and punctuation. This shows respect for other Site members and guests, and any author you may be citing. It also makes it easier to read your important thoughts.)
- Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Public Area or the Site, or which, in the judgment of NoBlood Site Moderators or Administrators, exposes NoBlood or any of its customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
- Posting public arguments or disagreements with NoBlood Site policy or with other members; (You also agree not to petition the administration to change policy through posts, polls, email, PM or any other service found within the NoBlood Website. If you respectfully disagree with any policy or terms of service, you may post your private comments in the Private Feedback forum where only Administrators and You can see the conversation.)
If You Encounter Objectionable Material:
Please report the post using "Report Bad Post" link found below the poster's details. Considering the real-time nature of this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages or confirm the validity of information posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of anyone associated with this web site. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately using the report button or by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
NoBlood Site Moderators and Administrators reserves the right (but are not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Investigate an allegation that a communication(s) do(es) not conform to the terms of this section and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the communication(s).
- Remove communications which are abusive, illegal, or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions. Moderators will private message (PM)/email the author of reported posts to let them know that members have found objectionable material violating Site Terms and Conditions will be offered guidance/reminders regarding. Please note, the administrators do have the ability to read private messages and may do so when investigating complaints and harassment issues.
- Terminate a user's access to any or all Public Areas and/or the NoBlood Site upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions. Removal will entail removing personal data, location, avatar, etc, to protect the privacy of the person but the member account will remain intact because of the nature of the threading of posts within the Public Areas.
- Monitor, edit, or disclose any communication in the Public Areas.
- Edit or delete any communication(s) posted on the NoBlood Site, regardless of whether such communication(s) violate these standards.
NoBlood or its licensors have no liability or responsibility to users of the NoBlood Site or any other person or entity for performance or nonperformance of the aforementioned activities
ADVERTISEMENTS, SEARCHES AND LINKS TO OTHER SITES
NoBlood may provide links to third-party web sites. NoBlood does not recommend and does not endorse the content on any third-party websites. NoBlood is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites, sites framed within the NoBlood Site, third-party sites provided as search results, or third-party advertisements, and does not make any representations regarding their content or accuracy. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such sites. NoBlood does not endorse any product advertised on the NoBlood Site.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold NoBlood, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these Terms and Conditions.
NoBlood is based in San Diego, California, in the United States of America. NoBlood makes no claims that NoBlood and the Content are appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the NoBlood Site from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
The following provisions survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement for any reason whatsoever: Liability, User Submissions, Indemnity, Jurisdiction, and Complete Agreement.
You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with NoBlood, or in any way relating to your use of the NoBlood Site, resides in the courts of the State of California and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the State of California in connection with any such dispute including any claim involving NoBlood or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers, and content providers.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Califorina, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition.
NOTICE AND TAKE DOWN PROCEDURES; AND COPYRIGHT AGENT:
If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Site infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from this web site by contacting NoBlood's copyright agent (identified below) and providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that "under penalty of perjury," you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
NoBlood's agent for copyright issues relating to this web site is as follows:
Attn: Office of Privacy
San Diego, CA 92117
Or call: (858) 866-9311
In an effort to protect the rights of copyright owners, NoBlood maintains a policy for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of subscribers and account holders of the Site who are repeat infringers.
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope you find the NoBlood Site helpful and convenient to use! Questions or comments regarding this website, including any reports of non-functioning links, should be submitted using our Contact Us Form or via U.S. mail to NoBlood, Inc., Office of Privacy at 3727 Christine, San Diego, CA 92117. We try to answer every email in a timely manner but are not always able to do so.