Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hospital Policy regarding blood transfusion refusal by Jehovah Witness patients

Smile

Hi Shirley,

Would you mind forwarding a copy of your policy document(s) for care of Jehovah Witness patients, to francisco.sanchez@uclm.es, please? . I'm writting about this. Thanks a lot. ”

2. New Feature! NoBlood Answers!

• ASK questions regarding Transfusion Alternatives and Patient Blood Management.
    • SHARE your facts, opinions and personal experience.
    • DISCOVER the best answers chosen by Healthcare Professionals and the Public.
    • RANK the best answers.

Click here to see the Best Answers to Top Questions.

Hello !
    I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

Smile Welcome

Welcome to the forum ”””

whole blood or its four primary components,red cells, white cells, platelets and plasma,is a non-negotiable religious stand and that those who respect life as a gift from god do not try to sustain life by taking in blood, even in an emergency Witnesses are told that the use of fractions such as albumin immuglobulins and haemophiliac, blood therapies are not necessarily bad medicine, the risk/benefit ratio is usually very low, especially in trauma situations, some situations there are no alternatives to medically necessary blood transfusions other than to die.

Hi Shirley could you please fax me any policies you have on minors too please. My fax is 602-839-4268. If you could send them electronically that would be easier. My email is stacy.welch@bannerhealth.com. We really need one at my hospital in Phoenix.

Thank you for any assistance,

Stacy Welch
    Clinical Coordinator
    Blood Conservation Medicine
    Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456